An e-mail newsletter (or "e-zine") is essential for any Web site, and
one of the best ways to quickly build your database of clients and
Gihan puts a newsletter sign-up form in a prominent place on the home page, and gives away two free e-books as an incentive for signing up.
Matt Church gives subscribers the option of signing up to one or both of his newsletters.
Benefits of publishing an e-mail newsletter
- You keep in touch regularly with people who visit your site,
especially those who don't buy from you on their first visit.
- It's a lot cheaper than a printed newsletter, which means that
you can send it out as often as you like and to as many people as
- Use it to drive traffic to your Web site. Every time you publish
your newsletter, if you have a link back to related pages on your
site, you will almost certainly see a "spike" in traffic.
- A well-written newsletter increases your credibility and expertise, making it
more likely that readers will buy from you.
- Your newsletter gives you the opportunity to promote
your products and services. As long as you continue to provide
valuable information as well, readers won't mind some promotion.
What our system offers
Your Web site comes with a sophisticated e-mail newsletter
facility, allowing you to capture e-mail addresses and then send regular broadcasts to your list.
Our e-mail newsletter software is part of our on-line course
software CourseBot. Specifically, it gives you these benefits:
- Publish an HTML newsletter (it looks like a Web page), so that
you continue to build your brand, and make your newsletters more
attractive and easy to read.
- Subscribers can switch to a plain text version if they choose,
which means that they can read it in whichever format they prefer.
- Readers subscribe directly from your Web site, and can unsubscribe
themselves at any time. So you don't have to worry about managing
the mailing list manually yourself.
- Newsletters can be "double opt-in", so you know that subscribers
joined the list themselves. This ensures their privacy.
- Check your newsletter for words and phrases that could be interpreted
as spam, so that you increase your delivery rate by eliminating these
- Create as many lists as you like, which allows you to segment and
deliver relevant mail to different groups of people.
- Optionally, add a password to any mailing list, which increases its
perceived value and allows you to sell it as a subscription service.
- Schedule newsletters in advance, and they are sent automatically.
This gives you the convenience of writing them in your own time,
and doesn't tie you down to a forced writing schedule.
Find out more
Our newsletter system is part of our Web site plug-ins package.
Find out more about it here.